[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why use Nactation?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2011, at 3:36 p.m.

In Response To: Why use Nactation? (Jason Lee)

Formatting in your post is fixed. Did you use some sort of auto generator for the list or was that your work? Just wondering because if it was auto, it was weird.

I really hate the fact that nactation isn't well-defined, and even worse, there are codes that only a select few seem to know....

If you were to master all the information that is currently available on Nactation you'd easily have your black belt as you'd be ranked somewhere around #2 in the world in its understanding. I hope the next tutorial appeases you in making the information available but since you go on to say

I don't like all of the brain power I need to use to try to remember the difference between E and O and N... yeah, yeah, I know it's not rocket science, but

I doubt you're looking for a black belt anyway. I think this is the problem for most people, they just don't have a big enough need to understand it all. The universal 'you' doesn't need to understand it all. You can get by 100% dandy as far as I'm concerned knowing only the basic symbols. Posts always include diagrams so the fact that you don't know what 61P-54S-51H-53H-44 means doesn't really matter. Note we made it to the 5th roll with nothing but basic symbols to boot!

Nactation for hand recording is only useful if you're just doing it for yourself

So you'd be willing to take the bet that if I recorded a match David Rockwell or MCG wouldn't be able to input it without my assistance? If you're recording a match aren't you always doing it for yourself anyway? If you record the match I'd say you're also the one who enters the match into the computer 99.X% of the time. It's just easier that way regardless of what form of notation you use. Then you distribute it to those involved.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.