[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Fastest Windows laptop under $500?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 3 June 2013, at 10:16 p.m.

In Response To: Fastest Windows laptop under $500? (Timothy Chow)

That sounds like you took some kind of offense there? Really? None intended.

Seriously though, watch the slickdeals forums for laptop deals. There are always lots available, and people on there tend to be quite critical of performance. If you are looking for some specific processing power, there really are too many variables to keep floating around, although the CPU charts at tomshardware.com will be of help. I understand that the measurement you need to look at on those charts is the gflops. I cannot say for certain (as I dont care enough about processing power beyond a certain point, today), but you should be able to ascertain exactly what processors qualify in your mind as fast enough, then take that to your laptop deal forum of choice.

Not that I am trying to encourage or discourage either way, but live tournaments are a whole lot of fun, plus the community on the whole is very friendly. Yes, they can be pricey, but, on the whole, are you really going to put a price on an experience / memory that will last you a lifetime? Philosophically speaking, and I cant speak for anyone else, but one more regret in my life is one too many. Some are unavoidable, some are not. The biggest regrets are the ones where I turned down an experience for some weak reason. Those experiences dont come around often enough as far as I am concerned.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.