[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My matches in New York Metropolitan Open 2014

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2014, at 7:04 p.m.

In Response To: My matches in New York Metropolitan Open 2014 (Henrik Bukkjaer)

You can't win more by losing 1% winning chance in the bear off how to play 2. However there is a situation that you can benefit from your opponent even in the checker play.

Here are few things I always consider.

1) If Loose Hit and Safe are close candidates and don't figure out which is the best, you should always play Safe. Hit might leads him a dance, that means he has less chance to make an error. Also, in case he hits return shot from the bar, which is usually correct, make it easier for him to play.

2) Same applies to bear off against the anchor situation. If you don't know "bear off more for G but dangerous" or "safer but less G", then I always choose "bear off more". In case I got hit, he is the only one who should make the play. My play is 0 error (usually). He can screw up later cube action as well.

3) If slot and no-slot are close, never slot. Slot gives him easier play "hit".

By the way, if I play stronger player and both plays for PR, not the result, without a clock, and not even try to be better PR than my opponent, I can cut down my PR by a huge margin. I estimate as big as 0.5. Both player would double earlier to avoide many missed cubes. Both would choose simple games even though it cost us a little because it is better in the long run.

Let I and MCG play that game. I wouldn't suprise if we both play below 2.5 very often.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.