[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My matches in New York Metropolitan Open 2014

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2014, at 9:42 p.m.

In Response To: My matches in New York Metropolitan Open 2014 (Mochy)

I kind of disagree with all three of your listed rules of thumb.

1) If Loose Hit and Safe are close candidates and don't figure out which is the best, you should always play Safe. Hit might leads him a dance, that means he has less chance to make an error. Also, in case he hits return shot from the bar, which is usually correct, make it easier for him to play.

Hitting loose when hit back leads to a longer game allowing him to make decisions overall. I think that easily out trumps the immediate few dancing numbers.

2) Same applies to bear off against the anchor situation. If you don't know "bear off more for G but dangerous" or "safer but less G", then I always choose "bear off more". In case I got hit, he is the only one who should make the play. My play is 0 error (usually). He can screw up later cube action as well.

Your gammon value isn't as high as the bot reports meaning if the bot tells you the plays are tied they really are not.

3) If slot and no-slot are close, never slot. Slot gives him easier play "hit".

So with an opening 21, 41, 51 you advocate splitting?! No way sir. I'd like to get into all of this more with examples but it's too time consuming right now.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.