[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I love Dorn Too

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 19 February 2014, at 2:59 p.m.

In Response To: I love Dorn Too (Adam Torkelson)

Yes, twice the votes. A pretty sad showing for Perry.

I have no personal animus for Perry. He served in a capacity for which it was difficult to find a fit. I know he put forth a lot of effort for the organization. It is commendable that he did so. However, it doesn't change the fact that he didn't do a great job. In fact, had the position been a paid position Perry would have been removed (or asked to resign) quite a while ago or simply never had the position. I say this with a deep knowledge of how he served in his capacity as a boardmember under my leadership (had his position been a paid one I would have fired him over one particular incident and no other board member would have thought I was out of line) and what he did and didn't accomplish running the organization.

Perry did do the things Neal said. It has been verified by the only other person who could verify it firsthand. No one can figure out why he did it. And I think that Perry needs to explain why he would do something so intentionally damaging to a local backgammon club before he is put back on the usbgf's board. His words and actions carry far greater weight as part of the USBGF. Will he do it again? Will he do it to another club? Neal isn't exactly a beloved national backgammon figure. But it still doesn't give Perry the right to try to damage Neal's tournament and club. If nothing else, Neal loves the game and has spent countless hours over the years promoting backgammon. Perry has, too - and I'm sure Perry wouldn't like it if someone did to him what he did to Neal.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.