[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Most of these arguments have NOTHING to do with Legal Moves

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 15 March 2014, at 7:44 p.m.

In Response To: Most of these arguments have NOTHING to do with Legal Moves (Art Grater)

Whether or not more spectators like to watch a match on the computer will certainly prove your argument relative to Legal Moves.

Art, we may disagree on many things. That's the point. Everyone has different opinions. So rather than let everyone decide what is right and good and fair we leave it to the TD or an association to set the rules and we live by them, but we allow the TD to use his judgment if he believes it is okay to revise any of the rules for his tournament.

I don't know a TD that allows matches to be played on a computer in the main event, and in the less-important events, there are not likely to be many spectators, so it is not an issue. I can tell you that when I play on the computer, we almost always have more spectators...even if I am not playing a Giant and there are Giants playing across the room, people like to watch our match because it is so interesting to see what the computer says about our PR and plays.

But whether or not spectators want to watch our Last Chance or 2 point mini match is hardly worth considering if both players enjoy it and the TD sees no harm in it. The truth is, getting to play some matches against some great players after I am out of the main event is one of the major reasons I enjoy coming to tournaments, and there is no good reason not to allow it. But of course, if the TD disagrees, I won't do it.

Why are we debating such inane issues that have nothing to do with the LM vs. NLM argument?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.