[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon Giants 2013

Posted By: Rod
Date: Thursday, 8 May 2014, at 9:21 p.m.

In Response To: Backgammon Giants 2013 (Keene)

I ended up at #94 with 188 points.

If the list were "accurate" re playing ability I probably would end up around where I am anyhow, perhaps I'd eke out being in the top 64.

As is, the list, for the most part beyond the top 32 is a popularity contest of sorts. I count only 2 people in the top 32 I would happily play $ with. In contrast there are only 3 or 4 people in the 2nd 32 who I wouldn't want to play $ with.

And as has been mentioned there are many many fine players who failed to gain a berth in the top 64 - dimitry stands out in my mind.

It's still an honor to be considered. Regardless of how each person voted they still put forth the effort and the team that compiled the results put forth a great deal of effort (even if it happened a bit slower than lost would have hoped). I don't average under a 4 so I really have nothing to be upset about. Perhaps by the next vote I can get my PR low enough where I can feel justified in being unhappy should I fail to make the list.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.