[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Better Recognition for the Streaming Staff

Posted By: David Presser
Date: Sunday, 3 May 2015, at 6:26 a.m.

I didn't get much chance to watch the Atlanta streaming so far, but have no doubt that we are getting another fantastic coverage. We got to a place that the two main people who do it on a volunteer basis are Tara and Michelle. I think that they are doing a fantastic job and a thank you over the forum or in person just doesn't seem enough. They deserve more, especially when their work became a one (wo)man show. Just look at how the streaming was one year ago, not to mention two years ago. Today we get good coverage of almost every ABT tournament. Keep in mind that those people who are in charge are so distracted that if they play in the tournament, they significantly under-perform.

To add salt to injury, I talked with one of them not long ago and heard how much time and effort they put in it, and that some directors are appreciative and some are not. I was shocked and disgusted to hear that one director called that person and instead of thanking her asked in a demanding tone to come a day earlier.

My point is that I don't think that the people in charge of streaming are getting the right recognition. I have a proposal to steer it in that direction: I want to propose that in order to show a better gratitude, their main entree fee would be waived. In addition, those who volunteer their time are usually playing in the intermediate tournament and the streaming is relevant for the open level, so I suggest that an equivalent intermediate entree fee would be transferred from the open's prize pool to the intermediate, such that the intermediate total prize pool won't be affected and the open prize pool would subsidize the streamer's entry fee.

It is just an idea which is open to discussion and changes. Any thoughts are welcome.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.