[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Prize money pay out - views sought

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 9 April 2016, at 3:07 p.m.

In Response To: Prize money pay out - views sought (stw672)

I have argued for years that the payouts at tournaments are too top heavy. The people who win are already rewarded a lot for the joy of winning, a trophy, and money.

Proof that the payouts are too top heavy is the amount of hedging that usually happens along the way. Most players (except for a few top pros and a few other exceptions) would like to know that they can walk away with at least their entry fee back after they have been successful winning a bunch of matches.

The goal is to have more people leave enjoying the experience and coming back, and to me, that means spreading the money out more.

As for the top players, the ones who come to tournaments feeling they have a good chance to win and hoping to make a living or good income playing in tournaments, a) there are very few of those people; b) if you played more places, I am not sure they would make less money by the end of the year, because even those people, like Mochy and Akiko who win a lot, often come in 3rd or 4th or 1st consolation.

Again, if the goal is to have more people walk away happy so that more people keep coming back, PAY MORE PLACES. If you win your first 6 or 8 matches, AT LEAST get your entry fee back.

You asked for opinions.....

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.