[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Joe, your brilliant !! I will analyse using the new rolled out MET

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Sunday, 10 January 2010, at 5:28 a.m.

In Response To: Joe, your brilliant !! I will analyse using the new rolled out MET (neilkaz)

'I do think that there's time in Madison to use Joe's method, noting that all matches including the finals are 9 pts. Of course the final few matches must be clocked, and the way to clock the match where one player has a 3 pt lead is to make reserve time 15 minutes rather than 18 since that match is 15/18 shorter in terms of combined points to win.'

I don't think it would take much more, if any. One of the beauties of this system is that the only match of fixed length is the second one. You can make the first match and last match 7 pointers if you are short on time. Two 9 point matches would not necessarily be quicker than two sevens and a 9 that started 0-3. Clock settings would be 72 minutes combined in the two nine's format. In the three match format clock settings would be a combined 86 minutes, using 15 minutes reserve time, per your suggestion, in the second match. Also, the second match will end the tournament when the trailer makes a comeback and wins, the variations that are slower. This happens ~33% of the time. When the trailing player does not make a comeback it will often be completed more quickly.

Comparing: (1)Two nine point matches use 72 minute of reserve time; (2)Three player play-off uses 86 minutes of reserve time 2/3 of the time and 58 minutes 1/3 of the time. This averages 70 minutes of reserve time, less than the two nines format and there are other factors that are not quantified that favor its timely completion as well.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.