[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Basic ace deuce backgame cube/ RO

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 15 July 2013, at 4:15 p.m.

In Response To: Basic ace deuce backgame cube/ RO (Bob Koca)

How will the bot play white perfectly? Well, I would expect it to maximize all the shots that may be coming from the holding position, and I would expect it to maximize the outfield coverage of a rolling prime position. Perhaps it wont slot the back and front of the prime as effectively as a well versed human would, and perhaps until that prime has rolled into its home board it wont perform any majestic banana splits on the way home. But for the most part, I think its going to contain a single checker with a very high effectiveness rate, although I do agree it will not be as clean as it could be.

So, conceptually, I think it will perform a very good job in the two critical phases of the game right up to reshipping the cube, and thusly play it well enough, or close enough to perfect that the difference is moot. I acknowledge its failings along the way, but would trust it to 'finish it' in general.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.