[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GreedyGammon -- Feedback

Posted By: tem_sat
Date: Monday, 16 September 2013, at 6:21 p.m.

In Response To: New online BG server GreedyGammon (greedygammon)

Maareyes,

I will be happy to give you some feedback. I had actually joined your site and tested it the weekend before last.

The reason I did so was to research our options for a free, immediate access (immediate account creation) backgammon server that we could designate as a "Plan B" for those players participating in the 3rd International Backgammon Championship (256+ player field). We needed a sever that made it easy for players from all over the world to quickly signup.

As has been mentioned previously, there can be wide ranges of delay in account creation on Gridgammon. To the point where tournament players may risk being innocently forfeited due to not being able to access the server to complete their match by the announced deadlines.

I was SO CLOSE to designating GreedyGammon as the "Plan B" server for players who had a match, wherein either one or both had not secured Gridgammon accounts. HOWEVER, the big issue that we could not allow was automatic match forfeiture by a player who loses connection. That simply will not work.

I hope you reconsider this and allow for players to attempt to reconnect before they are automatically forfeited.

You have great site!

-- Tara

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.