[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New online BG server GreedyGammon

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2013, at 5:25 a.m.

In Response To: New online BG server GreedyGammon (greedygammon)

maareyes:"I have played many player vs player matches and never had any disconnect issues and bot games will resume anyway."

I think the big issue is dropping in player vs player. As for disconnect issues, I think it is likely you are testing in a best case scenario. People who may be overseas from the server, or have poor ISP connectivity may not be so fortunate with unexpected disconnects.

Any chance at supporting IPv6? This isn't a big deal for me, but being a proponent of IPv6 I figured I'd ask anyway. People are slow to move IPv6 because there are limited sites that provide a native IPv6 connection (including game servers etc) so end user adoption remains slow. Then there are content providers and ISPs who don't move because there isn't enough of a user base that wants it so a catch-22 for adoption. So one way to help promote adoption is by seeing if we can get as many services to provide an IPv6 interface. One would need an ISP/host provider on the server side with IPv6 and IPv4 connectivity and some minor changes to the client side code. Consider it a feature request for the future.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.