[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Standardized match posting - PR?

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Friday, 13 December 2013, at 4:58 p.m.

In Response To: Standardized match posting - PR? (MishyPoo)

Actually I think posters ought to use some discretion in this area. It can be embarrassing for any budding giant, former giant or current giant of backgammon to have his error rate displayed.

Dmitiry says that many people asked for it, and it seems to be because people don't want to do the work and look at the match and study it for themselves. Those motivated enough to do so will certainly see the PRs. Those only looking to see if someone played a 13 or something have a different agenda entirely.

As usual people don't want to DO the work, but they want to be looky loos, and make some clever post comment at an opportune moment. If you really want to know the PRs, you could take the match recording and transcribe it yourself...

Michelle and the other volunteer transcribers should not be bound to embarrass someone else.

In this particular match there were 4 MAJOR blunders in 5 moves during the last game, and Howards rating for the game was embarrassing and widely discussed in this forum. It probably would have been anyway, and I don't think he cares all that much, but I personally don't think it is too much to ask NOT to post excessively high PRs publicly.

They are no more indicative of skill than the random 0.8 PR that we all have played. It would only take max 2 minutes more effort to ascertain the PR from the match file posted if you only open it. That is not too tough.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.