[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Standardized match posting - PR?

Posted By: Rod
Date: Friday, 13 December 2013, at 4:26 p.m.

In Response To: Standardized match posting - PR? (Keene)

First, "high medium and low" would have to be defined. So, that's really worthless. And putting a number up is fewer steps than converting it to some other scale and then putting it up.

Second, do you really think that knowing that Howard might play a 13 the next time he plays you is "practically worthless"? Or that Vietor has played several around a 15? Or that Ray seems to typically play 3's and 4's but plays 7's in response to a 15? Or that MCG can be off his game and might not always play 3's.

The only number I've seen that would be "practically worthless" to me if I didn't already have a good feel for how all of these players play is Ray's 7.71. I expect he had an off match on top of trying to reduce volatility and I wouldn't expect to see him post a number like that against me. But all the rest... If I didn't already have a good feel for the players, the numbers would be valuable info.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.