[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

"Chalk flew up"!

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 6 March 2014, at 7:18 p.m.

In Response To: "Chalk flew up"! (Mr Majestyk)

I believe it is wrong to think that just because something doesn't come up often it should not be covered in the rules. I also think in this instance we are talking about something that has happened often in the lower divisions and I have personally been involved in this happening in the Open--grant you not often.

But just recently I saw an open player who was two away consider redoubling and actually pick up the cube before he realized his mistake. If it is legal to recube there his opponent could have forced th recube.

I was watching the match and the receiving player turned to me and asked me what the rule is. I properly replied that as a spectator I was not allowed to respond and he should call a tournament official. Then the other player also said he'd like my opinion and I said:

"The rule on this is one of the rules I find ambiguous that should be clarified, but in the meantime, if you want to be a real prick, go ahead and make him double and take the cube and then you can brag about how you won a match in a ver sleazy way, and everyone in the world will call you a Jerk for the rest of your life. " (I also said that in the rules Jeb and chuck and I have recommended we think these cubes should be dead. )

You can guess what his decision was.

(Carter would have responded, "What's your point?")

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.