[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Monte Carlo Odds

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 20 July 2016, at 3:26 p.m.

I am leaving for Monte Carlo today to play in the Stéphane Cipre Tournoi that starts on Friday and then in the World Champions.

I would encourage anyone planning to go to try to make it by Friday for the earlier tournament--from what I have seen and heard talking to the director and organizers, it will be a very special event.

It occurs to me, looking over the list of World Champions, strange that no American has won in the past 10 years, and since I have been working on my rolling technique a lot lately, I think the odds are much better that trend will be broken this year, and I am willing to bet on it. (Carter also tells me that he expects to win.)

I want 7-1 odds, of course, which I believe is more than fair given the history and the actual odds. Shoot me an email if you are interested.

It's also interesting that in the last 10 years, Japan has won 3 times and Denmark has won 3 times. I am willing to bet even money that the winner will not be from Japan or Denmark.

Conditions:

1) There is no bet unless I acknowledge the bet by email;

2) I reserve to refuse any bet for any reason.

3) All bets are off if for any reason I am unable to play in the tournament, as that will greatly skew the odds;

4) If Falafel plays (I don't know yet if he is playing) although he is both an Israeli and American citizen, if he wins it is considered to be a U.S. win.

5) If Carter wins, even though it is questionable what planet he is from, it is considered to be a US win.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.