[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Clock Rules - Tournament schedules, proposal

Posted By: svilo
Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2013, at 6:03 a.m.

I think it is important. That is why I opened a new thread. Tournament schedules could be kept strict and still there might be more social and rest time in tournaments.

I believe the right approach is simple rules and strict application. Clocks could be started at the Start time and all Fischerisms and Bronsteinerisms (adding time per move) removed. A match cannot last longer than twice player's Play time. Loss on time. Players should think about position, cube and time.

Happily, backgammon never touched the adjournment shit of chess. A small problem of "whose clock to start" in backgammon could be solved by a "Director's roll" if one or both players are absent. The first roll stands to be played after both players are present. The Director keeps a list of Director's rolls at the Desk and plays the relevant roll in the presence of the appearing player.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.