[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My position on Legal Moves

Posted By: Roger Foster
Date: Sunday, 3 November 2013, at 10:44 p.m.

In Response To: My position on Legal Moves (Bill Davis)

Bill, and all BGO'ers:

I hope you read Neil's post from earlier today on Legal Moves. I'd like your take on the points he made, which are spot on, pointing out that we need to do everything we can to grow interest in this game that we all love.

Personally, I will go out of my way to avoid tournaments using Illegal Moves; these tournaments are a throw back to the bad old days of backgammon.

Here is Neil's post again, if you missed it:

"I wouldn't call the majority overwhelming at ABT events, but it certainly is a large majority. But you can certainly see to retain legal moves for your club and stress that it is each players' ethical obligation to point out illegal moves made by either player.

It seems to be time to bring our game into the 21st century and adopt legal moves.

Many of our new players either come from the internet or have recently learned the game from friends etc. Some also come from chouettes where legal moves are the norm.

We don't want to chase away new players who are scared that they may lose the game or even match on a technicality when they cannot make an illegal move playing online."

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.