[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My position on Legal Moves

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Monday, 4 November 2013, at 7:59 p.m.

In Response To: My position on Legal Moves (Bill Davis)

The same is true when “Legal Moves” are implemented. It’s a law that will benefit dishonest players, and there is no way for the director to catch them in the act of breaking the rules.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this line of argument at all. If a player is deliberately making illegal moves that improve his equity, what's the penalty? Under the old rules, the other player had the option to make him play the roll legally and since teh illegal play was better, of course the other player will exercise that option. Under Legal Moves, the player has to play the roll legally no matter what.

I don't see a dime's worth of difference between the two outcomes. So I fail to see how Legal Moves allows someone to cheat.

Can someone 'splain this to me? Cause I just don't get it.

I also don't understand how "there is no way for the director to catch them". How, exactly, do dishonest players who deliberately make illegal moves use Legal Moves to hide from the TD?

I'm trying to follow this, but you've lost me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.