[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My position on Legal Moves

Posted By: Neal Weiner
Date: Monday, 4 November 2013, at 2:14 a.m.

In Response To: My position on Legal Moves (Roger Foster)

In answer to you Roger, your right you never have to leave your own backyard, I have no rebuttal for your sentiment.

Bill Davis is the President of the ABT, in the four plus years I have gotten to him. Has enjoyed live events closer to any top player we know. Both my wife and I agree, you can never tell if Bill is winning or losing after a match. He is just happy to be in a Backgammon atmosphere. He enjoys the event, we go to dinner, we make jokes, he helps out, he has been the only consistent voice I hear, honest, and his views though I questioned, but I am not the president, he is. Loyalty plays a role in my ultimate views. I would like to believe in legal rules and everyone being honest and forthright. However the kid in me wants to believe in Santa and the tooth fairy as well.

Bill Davis has my vote until to further notice cause he has earned it.. Bill is the rock of Live Backgammon till further notice. Kathy & Neal ^5

As a retired lawman, I like the word legal, fair and fun. I wrote in an earlier thread I was cheated and the answer was roll for it. I actually could not believe that call was made by not one but two veteran hosts. I won the roll and the match......However I do not believe justice prevailing every time in that situation. What if it did go wrong ???? It is my best story on why legal moves not enforceable , especially with an opponent like that. So how do you advertise legal moves? This is a legal move tournament if you are not honest stay away???

Finally we have gone to live events for family, friends, the destination and to support the game. If economics played a factor, or if we did not enjoy it, we will stay home. We recently hosted our own live event in the Florida State Championships and threw a backgammon party in how we perceive the game. Enjoy ^5 NEAL

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.