[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

"Dead" cube illegal?

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Monday, 4 November 2013, at 8:01 p.m.

In Response To: "Dead" cube illegal? (Stick)

It is legal if you use the ABT (USBG) rules as written, but I agree it should not be allowed, and the dead cube rule be rewritten. The new Simborg/Horton/Bower rules eliminate the dead cube rule, and actually encourage this type of thing as there is an example:

"Example: If a player is leading 2-away/4-away and the leader holds a 2 cube and redoubles, if the other player drops the match does not end. Instead, the player is alerted of his error, accepts the double, and completes the game."

Why the new rules actually encourage this is beyond me, and IMHO this needs to be dealt with. It will in my opinion cause more problems than it is worth.

The only thing the new rules prevent is someone dropping for the match, but it seems these initial cubes are being encouraged as legal. There is no way in hell a tournament I run would have these rules without a published amendment with an appropriate dead cube rule.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.