[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Here's a reason why BG should be touch move

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Thursday, 28 November 2013, at 2:18 a.m.

In Response To: Here's a reason why BG should be touch move (neilkaz)

I think there is no downside to make a option of "Touch Move". Also "Touch Move" doesn't need to be very strict. It is stupid to force my opponent to break his closeout board just because his thumb touched by accident. (Also we don't want to cause another "You touched!" "No I don't" arugument.)

This rule simply doesn't allow player to visulaising the play to avoid any illegal play intentionally or unintentionally made.

For now it is easier for me to find the best play by visuaising the move, but I think I will get used to it and it won't make a big difference in the future.

By the way, "Touch move" should force the player to make a play at once. For example, if you roll 33, you shouldn't play first two 3s, then think about the rest even though you don't "Touch" other checkers. Very often it causes "How many times did you move ?" problem.

No one mentioned it but another gain from "Touch Move" is that it helps watchers. The watchers won't be wondered how many times did the roll was played even when they didn't close attentions to the game.

As I am a professional player, I hope people enjoy watching my game with the least problem. So that being said, maybe I should force myself "Touch Move" even if my opponent disagrees.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.