[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bad Sportsmanship To Complicate Game When Opponent Short On Time?

Posted By: Barry Silliman
Date: Sunday, 1 February 2015, at 3:36 p.m.

In Response To: Bad Sportsmanship To Complicate Game When Opponent Short On Time? (Paul Weaver)

Was it very bad sportsmanship of Mochy's opponent to run his time down to 3 seconds of reserve heading into DMP in order to entice Mochy into making a PR-sacrificing play on his opening 6-1, putting Mochy in the horrible position of having to choose between trying to win one of the best tournament in the U.S., several thousand dollars, and a beautiful custom-made Geoffrey Parker board, or keeping his PR to a minimum?

And was further bad sportsmanship displayed by his opponent for having the gall to roll into the coup classique when he had 26 of 36 rolls that would have avoided placing Mochy into the horrible position of playing numerous rolls with only 10 seconds of reserve time in an extremely complicated position?

Mochy must have cringed when his opponent rolled that coup-classique inducing ace, and prayed that he would himself then roll one of his 16 non-hitting numbers, knowing what damage would likely otherwise be in store to his PR rate from that point on. I can only imagine how awful he felt about it at that time or during the whole tortuous interval before he closed him out to become a favorite, only to have his opponent- and is this even sporting?- joker him at the end, with double-fives, no less!

Was it karmic justice that Simborg was able to give him his comeuppance in the next round?

I want to state that I myself do not know the answers to these difficult questions. Mostly because I can't even give a detailed explanation of how PR is calculated. But I do feel that anything that hurts PR must be bad for the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.