[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What I thought over the board when I double slotted (long)

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015, at 3:09 p.m.

In Response To: What I thought over the board when I double slotted (long) (Bob Koca)

Bob, yes. In my opinion, it is courageous because this all took place not in the back of someone's garage, it took place while being streamed and recorded for all to see, in the quarter finals of what might have been the toughest tournament in the history of the game in terms of competition, where there was considerable money and prestige on the line. It takes guts to throw away what you know to be the best technical moves in order to play what you think gives you the best chance to win given what you know about your opponent and about the time restrictions.

And what if you disagree and can prove, mathematically (as you probably can with your wonderful mathematical mind) that there was nothing that courageous about Mochy's play. Why not let me and others appreciate and honor and get excited about seeing the best player in the world make exciting and fun and interesting and highly debatable decisions and give him a pat on the back for doing so.

This game needs heros, and needs excitement, and games like this and people like Mochy are great for the game. And what about Ray's final Dual-Duel game against Mochy last year. Everyone, including Ray knows he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning the PR battle against the likes of Mochy and MCG and Petko, but he had the guts to compete and he got to the finals and he played an exciting and complicated game to fight for victory.

It takes guts to make THE BIG PLAY and to take chances to win in this game as opposed to simply trying to play for the lowest PR, and while many insist that playing for the lowest PR is the only way to play, right or wrong, it's fun and exciting to see these kinds of situations.

I am not going to let you or anyone else stop me from admiring when people like Mochy or Ray or others do courageous things and I will not simply boil everything down to mathematical odds.

So, while I respect you and your opinion, and I would never debate a mathematical or even logical point with you that entails math, let's agree to disagree about our emotions.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.