[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open...

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Friday, 27 May 2016, at 3:33 p.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (rory)

Shockingly bad ethics from the player closed out in a LEGAL MOVES event to KNOWINGLY not tell his opp to hit his clock prior to picking up the dice.

Hmm but one wonders since the only clocked event yesterday was the WBOTC which is composed of Giants and other Champ level players, how someone can achieve that level and not know to hit the clock after moving when the opp is closed out? Then again, I've been a dufus myself and gotten caught up in the moment as well and spaced out, but not in this regard since I basically only play with clocks.

With all due respect to the players and I don't know who they were......

1) The player who timed out when his opp was closed out was a dufus.

2) The player who KNOWINGLY didn't tell his opp to hit his clock when he was closed out in a LEGAL MOVES event has the ethics of a typical T-Rex and should be ashamed of himself. And no, I wouldn't believe any BS that the player somehow didn't realize it was legal moves when Rory clearly states this lots and I wouldn't believe any BS that a player at that level shouldn't realize that hitting the clock after moving is part of the legal move since it signifies the end of your turn.

I thought BG was progressing towards becoming a Gentleman's Game but when I hear of stuff like this it makes me doubt that and reinforces why I no longer have an overpowering urge to play all the time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.