[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Two reasons why letting your opponent time-out makes you a rules-breaker

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Saturday, 28 May 2016, at 10:44 a.m.

In Response To: Two reasons why letting your opponent time-out makes you a rules-breaker (Bob Koca)

Bob: It just means your turn has not ended yet. If opponent starts to roll when it is his not his turn it his illegal act, not yours.

I'm still not buying it.

Even if you want to argue technicalities, I think that Stick makes the better case. He suggested that the player who keeps rolling the dice without punching the clock is taking a single, "long" turn. His opponent's turn has never started.

But I'm not buying that either.

In the hypothetical scenario we're talking about, I see a frustrated player who who knowingly allows his opponent to roll the dice more than once during a single turn. If, as a director in a legal-moves tournament, a player admitted that he knew his opponent had rolled the dice more than once during a "single" turn, but did nothing to correct it, I would gloss over all the other technicalities.

I would not allow a time-out under such circumstances.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.