[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

making the ruling easier to understand and accept

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Saturday, 28 May 2016, at 2:34 p.m.

In Response To: making the ruling easier to understand and accept (Phil simborg)

Phil,"Thats why there should ALWAYS be a strong committee to help the TD, even if that committee overturns the TD. But that is not what the rules say, and while Michel did not say the "magic words" that he wanted an appeals committee, his statements and actions clearly screamed out for one. The fact that the ruling would probably have been the same is not the point."

I agree that there ALWAYS should be a committee. Three is enough. Then the player who is ruled against can't point all his fingers at the TD if the committee upholds his ruling. If the committee overturns, so be it and the director and players have to accept that.

In the case, according to players I spoke with yesterday evening at the event, Rory discussed the matter with about 10 very experienced players/directors and called a couple on the phone. It was practically unanimous to roll back the match to the point where Steve first didn't hit the clock. But still, I think Michel would have felt a lot better had there been a committee.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.