[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open...

Posted By: Florin Popa
Date: Thursday, 2 June 2016, at 2:46 p.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (Colin Owen)

"It seems curious, because a player has (seemingly) forgotten to press his clock after making a move, thereby running it down needlessly, that he should then be penalised further with a fixed time penalty! Isn't there already a built in penalty for doing this? And couldn't he then just claim that he was still considering his play (which, perhaps he was)?

For sure, it might be irritating for an opponent to have to point this out, more than once or twice, but a (further) time penalty seems a strange outcome."

Maybe I didn't say it well, in case he already lost some seconds no furher penalties necessary. Playing 2 moves in a row without pushing the clock looks like illegal so if I stop my opponent in doing this I should gain something in the same way if he makes an illegal move with the checkers. If he rolls again is clear he is not thinking.

Eubgf rules says this:

(c) UNDOING OF ILLEGAL MOVES IN MATCHES PLAYED WITH A GAME CLOCK - Demands for undoing are made by pausing the game clock and presenting the opponent with the fact. Once the opponent has accepted the fact, the opponent’s time must be restarted on the game clock. When the delay time has run out, the opponent may make a legal move.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.