[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Introducing Myself

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 20 February 2014, at 8:55 p.m.

In Response To: Introducing Myself (Pat MacNeil)

I was playing poker for real money, not nickels and dimes, but a weekend game with grown ups when I was in high school. (this was pre the popularization of the poker chip) It was a game my dad played in. It was his decision to allow me to play in it and I learned a lot from it in many different ways. I think he made the right choice without question.

The law in the US is the parents are allowed to let their child consume alcohol if they like. Even the US gov't thinks the parents should be able to make proper decisions when it comes to the well being of their child.

Poker rooms generally don't allow children because of multiple factors including the presence of alcohol and the fact that kids wouldn't have the money to play anyway.

I'm not arguing how best to make backgammon legal or give it exposure or anything really. Sharing my own personal experience which I think is applicable. I will leave it to someone else to attack pulling out random things that happened in the past like slavery and the right to vote are not good comparisons.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.