[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Introducing Myself

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Friday, 21 February 2014, at 4:46 a.m.

In Response To: Introducing Myself (Matt Cohn-Geier)

Show Me the Bodies!

Thanks for the perspective, Matt. There must a thousand more pressing issues than backgammon for those who wish to nurture and protect our children.

I’m not sure sure how much time and energy you all have, but if you are looking to spend it in ways that help our kids, working to create a ban against cash prizes for underage entrants in a backgammon tournament ought to be a low priority.

When I was in college, the members of the debate team always used to ask, "Where are the dead bodies?" Are you looking for a good reason to change something? Show me the dead bodies!

In the backgammon world, they are hard to find. In practice, it turns out that backgammon simply does not leave a trail of profligate degenerates who’s lives were ruined because they won cash prizes as children in backgammon tournaments.

It’s fun to debate the ethics, sure, but don’t get too worked up. You are debating the solution to a problem that does not exist.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.