[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Introducing Myself

Posted By: Neal Weiner
Date: Friday, 21 February 2014, at 4:54 p.m.

In Response To: Introducing Myself (Pat MacNeil)

That is it in a nut shell Pat for most of us who see it that way.

We Ran the Florida State Championships and advertized no 21 underage participation for cash. In fact we took absolutely no cash entry for newcomers.

I am a retired lawman, father, uncle, great uncle, and a great great uncle, and have many cousins.

I have started playing BG late in life roughly 10 plus years ago.

I founded the online PRO Team which is the most successful organization online.

I have concluded

1) Poker and backgammon are almost exact in definition "A game of skill with and element of luck.

2) I have never encouraged my Daughter or any relative to play. Although it is my hobby later in life I see little benefit to younger people putting in the kind of time to master the game

3)For the purpose of this post "underage gambling is illegal if even for a penny" Like any other addictive thing all you need is the introduction. They do not cover this area properly in the USBGF . The teaching of game needs to be money free for underage children. I am a founding sponsor of the organization and I am confident I will turn it around. I truly hope I do not have to make an example of anyone to achieve this goal.

4) They might talk of a few people who are young and play professionally. Over my 10 years playing on PRO, i see no benefit of learning to be an expert in the game. In fact I could go on and list the negatives. Those who worked their life and careers and are now considered the best in the game I admire. I try not to to judge those who I could say if I was your father i would have sent you on a very productive path. There are some very bright people who fall into that grouping. They are past the impressionable stage.

Looking forward to meeting and talking to you. Please feel free to make contact outside of this forum. ^5 NEAL

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.