[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Real Backgammon

Posted By: falafel
Date: Monday, 26 April 2010, at 1:40 a.m.

After reading many of the posts, I was trying to make sense of why there is so much discussion of opening rolls and responses. It seems as if many people are infatuated with the opening rolls and responses. For a start, one can always check with XG today and get a decent answer. What's the point of rolling an opening play a million trials? The point that I'm trying to make is the following: I've been playing in quite a few tournaments over the past decade. I've seen so many misplays from players of all levels, including top experts (also including myself). All these misplays that I constantly see outweigh any opening rolls by a mile.

How does one really improve his or her play? From my own experience, it surely is not an opening play or a response. Don't get me wrong; it's not that I think that opening rolls are of little value. There are many, many other points in backgammon that should be addressed and discussed constantly. There are a few posts here and there but far fewer than all the posts on opening rolls. It's about time you guys wake up and start discussing what is "real" backgammon. If some of you misunderstand what I mean, I can elaborate more next time.

Sincerely,
falafel

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.