[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Playing to wrong match length

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 27 November 2012, at 6:52 p.m.

In Response To: Playing to wrong match length (Michael Petch)

I don't intent to make any modifications (except for typos and poor wording) of any kind based on input of any kind. I believe the next round of modifications should come from an international committee duly authorized to set international standards. What we have done is nothing more than make a recommendation for this process to start, and offer a document to start with.

Having said that, one of the reasons I posted here is precisely to get feedback, as this forum is made up of many of the best international leaders and players, and if there are strong feelings about changes that are needed, I am sure that an international rules committee will take those opinions into account.

From a personal standpoint, I have not heard an argument or question here as yet that has not been strongly considered and covered in our document, and I have not heard anything which changes my personal opinion on any of these rules.

My overall goal is not to "change" or "impose" any rule changes or concepts...it is simply to have a clear understanding and agreement on whatever the rules are. The way things are now, there are not only rules and interpretations I don't like, but there are many that are unclear and ambiguous. And there are no strong, written statements about the responsibilities of directors, spectators and players, and now we have them.

This is intended to be "a good start" and a reason to have an international ruling committee. We did not intend to create an international ruling document as we have no authority to do so.

Right now, no one does. I hope that will change soon. The game needs it, not just for the rules of play, but for all kinds of standards and guidelines and international cooperation that will help grow the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.