[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open...

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Friday, 27 May 2016, at 6:28 p.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (Stick)

Stick," I know Michel quite well and I am 100% positive he did not think this was cheating or trying to take a shot. If he was trying to take a shot I believe when questioned as to whether he knew his opponent's time was running out the correct answer would have been 'No.' and act oblivious."

(NTK) And I know Michel rather well from playing with him and hanging out with him in San Antonio in 2015 and I agree with you 100% that he didn't think that he was cheating. When I questioned the ethics involved here in my initial post I was unaware who the two players were.

Stick, "Whether or not Michel knew it was a legal moves tournament only he could tell you. Even if he did know that I don't believe he knew to what extent that entailed. I think I've had the conversation with him before that things similar to that are part of the game and you, the player, are responsible for your actions or lack thereof. In other words, in his mind Steve was failing to take care of business and Michel didn't think it was on him to remind him of that. That does not absolve him from his actions or responsibility in the situation. He failed to read or know beforehand the rules so he's guilty in that respect but I don't think his ethics are in question."

(NTK) And I agree with this also.

I'll close in saying that I am flabbergasted that this didn't go to committee and that perhaps Michel wasn't aware of whether he could request one, but could he have under the rules of the event?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.