[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ranting. Metric System.

Posted By: Keene
Date: Friday, 6 December 2013, at 3:18 p.m.

In Response To: Ranting. Metric System. (ah_clem)

This is really the best of all worlds! Millimeters, inches, and a ratio all rolled up into one ISO "metric" standard. How do you top that? And the funny thing is that the rest of the world is stuck using inches as part of the "metric" system.

Thats just awesome. I dont think I ever tried to understand tires and their numbers. Also, there is a very high usage of PSI (pounds per square inch) around the globe. Thats another one that has to go.

Driving on the left. On the right. Left, right, left, right. I dont care, I dont want to change. I drive on the right here. Lets keep it that way. I never understood why different countries use different sides. If anything, lets make the UK change to the right, and Australia, and Singapore, and whoever else is using the left side to drive on.

Things that are wrong with Fahrenheit. Freezing point of water is... 32F ???? Really??? Why isnt it zero? Lets make it something thats easier to work with. Other things that are wrong with Fahrenheit. Boiling point of water...212F. I had to look that up. I had no idea. Thats utterly ridiculous. Seriously. Has there ever been a measurement scale thats more stupid? Probably, but no-one knows about it because its been thrown away. 180 points of difference between two uniform points of reference. 180. Where the hell did that come from?

Kelvin makes sense scientifically. Celsius makes sense practically. Fahrenheit makes no sense ever.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.