[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Touch Move Compromise - take pictures

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Wednesday, 4 December 2013, at 11:42 p.m.

In Response To: Touch Move Compromise - take pictures (Ken Larsen)

Ken: "He thought my picture taking insinuated that he was cheating..."

That's the kind of attitude that some players bring to the table. You ask to not use their opaque dice (I know many players that definitely prefer transparent) and they clearly take umbrage. You want them (along with everyone else) to use a baffle box to help randomise the roll; they scoff at that. Then you remind them that they are supposed to shake the dice; if you're lucky, they only pull a face. You might remind them that they're supposed to cast the dice from x inches above the board; you then get told that no one else does this! Or that no one else has asked them to. Could it be that others have balked at saying anything precisely because they didn't want just this kind of unpleasant reaction?

To me, the solution with the problems around tentative moves are fairly simple. First, actual Touch Move is too much of a leap forward for our game. Adopt the position that if you move a piece (legally) and release it then that should stand. Make that the default setting. If both players agree otherwise however, then they can shuffle around to their hearts content. Ideally, have a tick box on the score sheet to this effect.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.