[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An interactive backgammon training website.

Posted By: sita
Date: Wednesday, 1 January 2014, at 10:35 a.m.

In Response To: An interactive backgammon training website. (Giorgos Tzampanakis)

Interesting idea, and great work, thanks for sharing this site!

Some smaller remarks regarding usability:

In the table above the board, I would at least exchange red and white. The reason is that the player (white) plays to the bottom. It would be more intuitive if the information of the player in the table would also be at the bottom.

This one is easy to do. A bit more work would be getting rid of the table at all. You need to know the pipcount and the standing in the match to evaluate every position. It is important to have it accessible in the most easy way. Looking at the table is more difficult than having this information rendered to the right above and below the board, like e.g. XG does it. Thus, writing something like "120(+5) 2/5" above/blow the board makes it more easy to access. I admit, we are talking here about a very detail, but I think when you do a number of positions in succession, it still helps a lot.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.