[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An interactive backgammon training website.

Posted By: Smcrtorchs
Date: Tuesday, 7 January 2014, at 11:20 p.m.

In Response To: An interactive backgammon training website. (Giorgos Tzampanakis)

Yes, I think the key to appreciate the site is to sign in. If you do, then the ratio of difficult problems vs trivial decisions is so so so much better than when you play a normal game of backgammon. This is a much quicker source of finding difficult problems, although many of them belong to the same areas. This of course has some pluses and minuses. For example, as you encounter many positions from a specific area that does not come up often during play, you have a good chance to make correct conclusions about this type of positions and understand them better.

On the negative side, there are some areas that gnubg does not analyse correctly. For example backgames, but I encountered other positions as well. I believe there should be a report button, because some users can identify these positions and you could use this as a filter of positions that potentially need to be removed from the database. Also, I think that the algorithm you choose to produce double take positions should change a bit. An obvious correction would be to exclude positions where the margin of error exceeds 0.300, because I found many of these.

All in all, an excellent tool that deserves attention.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.