[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Live PRs

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Sunday, 9 February 2014, at 3:23 a.m.

In Response To: Live PRs (Matt Cohn-Geier)

I don't want to break up a good playground fight, boys. But after some teacher comes along and drags you to the principal's office, you've served your detention, and washed the tears and mud and blood from your cheeks, perhaps one of you might answer a mathematically oriented question?

"If you're actually that good where you play a 2.3 on average, you would be a truly mammoth-sized favorite in the Dual-Duel. Like, you might be over 90% to win outright. 2.3 is unbelievably strong."

You say (quoted for convenience above) that a 2.3 average might make the player 90% to win the Dual-Duel outright? I heard awhile back that a 1.0 PR difference equates to a 30-point Elo difference. Is that correct? Not having been in Texas I don't know much about the format of the Dual-Duel. I guess it was scored based upon winning the match, and having a lower PR, but I don't know much more than that, except that Mochy beat Ray in the final. (Congratulations Mochy!) I'd like to see the calculations used to come up with that 90% figure. It seems ... Extreme. :-)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.