[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Dual-Duel

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Tuesday, 11 February 2014, at 12:19 a.m.

In Response To: Live PRs… (Bill Phipps)

I don't think it is silly for someone to enter. Yes, I do believe that someone who plays a lower PR is a much heavier favorite in a format that counts both results and PR as opposed to just results (isn't that obvious?). I do not think that Mochy and I between us had nearly as much as 90% to win.

On the contrary, my posts suggested that I very much respected the people who entered. I always respect when someone steps up and plays.

I also respect those who played well in the event. Saba's performance was very impressive, even though he didn't win. Ray got to the finals and played a very entertaining match that could also have gone a different way and been a different story.

There are also lots of reasons for people not to enter and I'm also not begrudging anyone in particular their decision not to enter. I do think that if you want to be known as one of the best in the world, it certainly helps your case to at least enter the event.

I think that lowering the entry fee to $500 or changing the schedule so that it could start on Friday would boost attendance, but as others have mentioned maybe the tournament doesn't want to boost attendance (it takes more resources to record matches, etc).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.