[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Online PR vs Live PR

Posted By: David Rennie
Date: Thursday, 13 February 2014, at 2:02 a.m.

In Response To: Online PR vs Live PR (Keene)

I suspect I may be alone in this one but I find I process the board differently live than online. The size of the computer boards comfortably fit in my range of vision and whether on GG or XG the board is in exactly the same position each time and I'm looking at it from exactly the same perspective (2D for GG, 3D for XG). I find that this allows me to see patterns and moves much more readily than in a live game where the boards are different sizes, the lighting can be a factor, and quite frankly some boards I just find user-unfriendly. I played on one fellow's board in a tournament that was old and crappy and the colors were faded and I had such a hell of a time adjusting that at one point I broke my prime because I miscounted and thought I was forced to. I doubt anyone else is that stupid here and I don't think that happens often with me but it is one more factor to deal with.

Maybe I have a neurological issue. I should see Oliver Sacks. The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Baffle Box.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.