[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Error Rates

Posted By: Rod
Date: Tuesday, 28 April 2009, at 2:57 p.m.

In Response To: Error Rates (Stick)

That little scuffle with Ray a bit ago has taught me one thing.... I'll let my record speak for me.... unless that falls off and then I'll just go back to going on about how I play on Snowie at home.... which, btw...... ;)

I will say that I have had 3 live recorded matches I am aware of with high error rates (or ~15). One of them was against a fairly respected player... the snowie analysis had me as a 42% underdog. I went through the match... the guy had only done a 2-ply (on Snowie, mind you) and then done 3-ply on certain of his plays and then rollouts only on certain of his plays. I did a full GNU rollout..... what happened.... his 3.8 snowie ER jumped to a 6.7 and I was a 50.1% favorite in the match, despite my 7.1 (yes, 7.1) ER. (A Snowie rollout confirmed GNU). It was just too funny.

** And just for full disclosure..... the other... I have no idea because I still haven't seen it. I understand I had an ER in the 8's (and while I don't know what my opponent had, I understand that it was well above 10). My 3rd high ER (6.7) was against someone on the boards here.... he sucked bad that one, too.... we agreed after the fact that it was probably the crack pipe we smoked right before the match. **

And, no, I won't use "I was tired" or "I just wasn't focusing" or.... as excuses.... the fact is, it probably was any one of those or other things during those matches. I've let those things affect me in the past.... Stick is right.... bring your A game all the time. Time to suck it up... for me, at least.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.