[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

At what ER are you considered a fish?

Posted By: Frank_N_Stein
Date: Wednesday, 29 April 2009, at 10:41 p.m.

In Response To: At what ER are you considered a fish? (David Rockwell)

My dad was an interesting guy. He grew up in the streets of New York City. He told me at any given time you could catch him at pool hall or in a back room playing poker before he married my mother. He never played the pro level, but he was able to manuever his way into favorable games that gave him an edge.

He always threw stuff at my brother and I that to this day we talk about. Two more of the many many sayings of his were;

If you know how to do something well you will always have a job. BUT if you know WHY you do what you do you will be the boss.

If you are going to learn how to play a game do not start with how to play it. Start out by knowing all the rules. No one can ever take advantage of you if you know all the rules.

Those sayings can easily be put into the same context of the topic in this thread.

My dad passed away 8yrs ago. I miss him. But it was nice to have him on my mind today.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.