[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's action?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 24 June 2013, at 4:07 p.m.

In Response To: Director's action? (Daniel Murphy)

I think Daniel sums it up perfectly, and I believe this is a good example of a rule improvement recommended by Chuck and Jeb and me.

If a spectator sees anything that he questions there is no reason why he should not inform the TD and let the TD decide if and how it should be handled.

At a recent tournament, I briefly watched an intermediate match where one player was consistently fast-rolling his opponent, and while I believe it bother his opponent, she didn't say or do anything about it. Certainly it would not be my place, as a spectator, to say anything, but I did point it out to the TD, and he walked over and watched a little, saw for himself what was happening, and he discussed the issue with both players, reminding them of the rules and letting the other player know that she is perfectly within her rights to enforce the fast-roll rule options. I believe the director did the right thing...he saw that the match was played under fairer, more pleasant conditions according to the rules. If the TD has decided to do nothing, or wait until after the match to talk to the players, that is his right to make that call...not mine, nor any other spectator.

I have also seen people playing to the wrong score; using non-precision dice; and I even overheard someone giving a player advice during a break about post-crawford cube action while his match was still in progress. Why in the world shouldn't the TD be informed?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.