[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's action? Part B

Posted By: Keene
Date: Thursday, 27 June 2013, at 3:58 p.m.

In Response To: Director's action? Part B (Phil Simborg)

Somebody earlier (and I apologize, but I forgot who) asked the question "is it in the best interests of the tournament", and thats a very good question. In terms of backgammon, the role of Director, is actually twofold, its the rule enforcer, and overall decision maker, however the tournament itself is an entirely different entity. The tournament is the events, the schedule, and all the other little things that go together.

Perhaps from a philosophical perspective, the Tournament Director should be a different entity from the Tournament Manager (owner / whatever). Directorial decisions then will not be clouded by the tournament's needs. In practical terms, this isnt truly feasible until the tournament hits a certain size, and there is enough distinction between the two activities.

Spectator / Kibbitzer / Kibber / side-fish / person lurking unreasonably closely to the match / game in progress. I dont mind. So long as they are not interfering with the players, then, directorially, thats ok with me (unless a player requests removal, or something similar). I dont even mind if its Phil or Carter.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.