[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's action? Part B

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2013, at 5:06 p.m.

In Response To: Director's action? Part B (Stick)

My name's far from 'Chuck'...

Five letters, ending in 'ck' --not that far. So I'm disagreeing with that point, but agreeing with your examples.

Is it in the tournament's best interest that rules be followed? Is it the responsibility of the director to see that things proceed in the tournament's best interest?

I can think of many other examples: clock running between games; incorrect initial checker setup; player who is supposed to be putting opp on the bar actually putting that checker to the side of the board; rolling on the LH side of the board.

What if a player reports the wrong result to the scorekeeper and a kibitzer points that out to the director. Ignore it? What if a director overhears someone telling a player the wrong resumption time for the dinner break (and to drive home the point, if the stated time is 30 minutes after play is supposed to resume)?

In the Simborg/Horton/Bower rules we make a point of stating why rules exist in the first place -- to facilitate smooth play and minimize disagreements/problems. If players aren't following the rules (intentionally or by accident) then they are potentially setting up situations where a bumpy road lies ahead.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.