[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's action? Part B

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2013, at 4:32 p.m.

In Response To: Director's action? Part B (Tom Keith)

I don't think it is reasonable to expect the TD watch over every match and look for scoring errors.

Did someone say it was?

And I don't think he should do it on an impromptu basis.

I don't know what this means. If it means that the TD shouldn't go around looking for scoring errors, I agree. But I think that in most tournaments the TD will spend some time circulating among tables. He may notice irregularities. They may or may not require intervention -- this, I think, does. If it means he shouldn't act if he observes a scoring error, I don't agree. If it means he shouldn't act when informed by a spectator of a scoring error, I don't agree.

But in Chuck's question, I envisioned a TD who is present at a table, for whatever reason, and happens to see that one or both players have just made a scoring error in the game the TD is observing. If I'm the TD, I'm going to correct it then and there. I would not think I should assume that the error was unintented by both players, and if it was, I would not think that it is ok for players to err in scoring as long as neither of them notices the error (and I think someone did suggest that it was).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.