[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Good ruling/Bad Rule

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Sunday, 1 September 2013, at 7:24 p.m.

In Response To: Good ruling/Bad Rule (Phil Simborg)

If there is a question about what rules to apply, the director should be called - I agree. But, there is no requirement that the director must be called when an illegal move is made. It is optional. The players may try to resolve it themselves if there is not a disagreement. Note that since a clock was being used, the dice were still down and there should not have been any disagreement what the roll was. If a player rolls 44 and plays 54, they will probably realize their mistake immediately when it is mentioned. Then they should correct it.

Clocks are intended to speed up the game. Calling the director slows the game. The ABT might go another 10 years or more before an illegal move is made with 2 seconds on the clock. With more time left, even 10 seconds, it is not going to be such a critical decision.

Please note, I am not saying that a player shouldn't call the director. I'm suggesting that they don't have to call the director.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.