[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cheating rates

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 5 December 2013, at 8:33 a.m.

In Response To: Cheating rates (Rod)

Cheating in high school you're a dumb kid who is forced to be there and probably doesn't want to learn. You don't even really understand that you're cheating yourself instead of the system. Mostly you're cheating to get by and be lazy. Nowadays perhaps more HS students do cheat for academic scholarships, I don't know, but I can tell you in my HS heyday the people that cheated did so because they didn't like the class and would rather do anything than study.

Cheating in professional sports you're rewarded in a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge way. ($$$) You're old enough to know better but still too dumb to care.

I am not trying to guess how often people cheat with nothing at stake online (though I'm an expert, let's not forget) nor am I arguing for counting master points for playing online. All I'm saying is to compare cheating in HS and professional sports to cheating at backgammon online when nothing is at stake isn't really a comparison to me.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.